Let’s Play Ten Questions
Okay Ratherbeshopping, here goes!
1) What is your idea of a perfect day?
Going to The Shack B & B with my hubby Tom, soak in the jacuzzi (woohoo!!), take walks around the grounds, sit by the fireside, or by the lake, or in the small one room chapel and talk to the Lord. Go to the game room and play pool, visit with the owners who are friends, or snuggle with Tom in the cozy room.
2) What is your favorite song and why?
I don’t know the author, but it’s a little chorus that goes like this: Let me be a little kinder, let me be a little blinder, to the faults of those around me let me praise a little more. Let me be when I am weary just a little bit more cheery. Think a little more of others, and a little less of me.
If we could all do these things more – what a better world we’d have.
3) Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
Definitely a strength. It’s hard to let ourselves be vulnerable enough to cry in front of others; many times others need to see it. It helps them deal with issues, too.
4) What will you never do?
I will never be able to tell someone I don’t love the Lord. I honestly couldn’t make it in the disturbed world without Him beside me and within me. On a more easy going level – I will never mud wrestle. It sounds way too gooey!!!
5) What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
Honesty and integrity. In this day and age, it’s getting harder to believe people or take them at their word.
6) Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes – the success or failure of the books I’ve written. Actually, I could put a whole list here – so I’ll quote Gretchen with – I’m working on letting them go.
7) What is your earliest childhood memory?
My first day of kindergarten. We rode a bus and I couldn’t get up on the first step. My older brother helped me up.
8) Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it will make the elevator faster?
Yes, I do – just to make sure the machine remembers I called for it.
9) Where else would you like to live? Why?
Near Bowling Green, KY. It would put me closer to my children and grandchildren!
10) Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
Yes – but only in the context of letting God have control and not yourself.